Looking for easy ways to access your Army OWA email through a browser? This article will show you how in a few simple steps.
Although there are many email clients and ways to access Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL, there aren’t many options to access Army OWA email. The main reason for this is security. Nowadays, if you are military personnel, you should consider following these steps:
- Make sure your CAC reader is connected to your computer.
- Open Chrome or Microsoft Edge on your computer.
- Visit this page: https://webmail.apps.mil/mail
- If it asks you for a certificate, please select the “PIV AUTH” certificate.
- Enter your 6-digit CAC pin number.
This article, however, will show you another way.
How to Access Your Army OWA Email on a Desktop
A great way to improve your email experience and use OWA email on your desktop is to use an email client — a computer program used to access and manage a user’s email.
Although there are a few leading desktop apps to manage your email accounts in one place, Mailbird is the email client that can offer you complete security for the following reasons:
- It doesn’t store your emails.
- You can also opt out of tracking your product usage in Mailbird’s settings.
Adding Your OWA Email in Mailbird
1. Download and install Mailbird.
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Mailbird automatically detects your email settings. Click Continue.
4. All set! You can add more accounts or start using Mailbird.
If, at some point, you should provide IMAP/SMTP settings manually, please use our IMAP lookup.
Although there is a primary way to access Army OWA/365 emails, you will be much more productive if you consider using an email client instead. You can use Mailbird to manage a few email accounts in one place on your desktop. Our free trial allows you to test all the functionality and see how it can improve email management for you.
If you use other providers, you can also check out this list for IMAP and SMTP settings.